Saturday, May 1, 2010

Le Grand Voyage




REDA: Why didn't you fly to Mecca? It's a lot simpler.

FATHER: When the waters of the ocean rise to the heavens, they lose their bitterness to become pure again...

REDA: What?

FATHER: The ocean waters evaporate as they rise to the clouds. And as they evaporate they become fresh. That's why it's better to go on your pilgrimage on foot than on horseback, better on horseback than by car, better by car than by boat, better by boat than by plane.


Le Grand Voyage is a french road film produced in 2004 about a journey of son who was reluctantly accompanying his father to perform his Haj. It was one of the most outstanding film i 've watched because firstly, this film shown "azan" scene more than 3 times if i'm not mistaken. it shows the beauty of praying, bonding with Allah, Alhamdulillah. And secondly you could actually feel how they bond from a cold to close relationship of a father and son. And the ending, MasyaAllah, i was crying like a baby watching it.

This film reminded me of my journey with my late father to peform Haj in 1997. I didn't talked to him for 9 hours straight from Malaysia to Mecca. I'd only came to bond with him while performing Haj with him. It was a precious moment to set yourself free from hatred esspecially your own father. Yes, I was rebellious but Allah knows best, He gave me the chance to be close to my father again in Mecca. Alhamdulillah. Thank you Allah.

Le Grand Voyage touched me deep within my soul. i LOVE it. I miss & love my late father. Seriously, I love films. Films always manage to trigger me to appreciate my life better every time. I love films, seriously.

No comments: